of the Club, as written in the
The purpose of the CCARC shall be to promote and encourage Amateur Radio within the scope of the Federal Communication Commission Rules and Regulations (Part 97). Also to establish, for those interested, a social and technical exchange of information, and to operate and maintain an amateur radio repeater system.
Services & Activities
The CCARC provides many services and activities, among them are:
Club Repeater - W7FEL 146.760 (-600KHz offset, 100 Hz tone), open to all hams, except during ARES/RACES or CCARC events. The CCARC repeater is on the 2-meter VHF band, covering the North Olympic Peninsula and the South end of Vancouver Island. Visit the CCARC Repeater Web Page for general information and details on location/coverage and technical data.
- Weekly Radio Net - Thursday evenings at 7pm on the
- Technical/General Meetings - Times and locations of the next meeting are announced on the weekly net. The technical/general meeting includes the Club general meeting, followed by a presentation of a technical subject by various speakers. Visit the
Activities web page for information on regular meeting dates/times/locations and who to contact for additional information.
- Ham Radio Classes & VE Testing - Times and locations of the next class and ARRL volunteer examination session are announced on the weekly net, listed on the scrolling messages above, detailed on our Ham Classes page, or contact CCARC’s education & volunteer examiner coordinator listed on the Contacts Page.
- Club Functions - such as Field Day are announced about three months before each function at the general meeting, regular social functions, and always on the weekly net.
- Social Functions - Club Breakfast/Social Meeting, YL Luncheon, and Christmas Dinner. Announced before each function on the weekly net, or check the Local Activities link on the left.
- Newsletter - The CCARC’s QTC monthly newsletter is available to anyone interested. CLICK HERE to view the Newsletter archive (The current month's newsletter will be available here around the 4th Friday of the month.) For information on the editors, see the
CCARC By-Laws & Operating Policies and Procedures
Click the above links to view or download or save the latest version of the club by-laws or operating policies and procedures.
Visitors and Prospective Members
Are you interested in becoming a member?
Contact one of our board members, or if you are a ham with a 2-meter transceiver, check into one of our weekly nets and the net controller can guide you to someone right away. You may also fill out the
CCARC Membership Application form and mail it to the Club as noted in the application documentation.
Dues are $20.00 per year per family, payable to the CCARC, waived for students. Dues can be collected at any meeting, or mailed to the Treasurer at the address shown at the top of our
Club Contacts page.